- Property code: LEIGHT
- Changeover day: Friday
- Designated parking
- Real fire
- Short Breaks available
- Garden or outside space
- Washing machine
- Ground floor accommodation
Leightir cottage is peacefully situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty located in the quiet hamlet of Fishpond, a short drive inland from the pretty and unspoilt Dorset seaside town of Lyme Regis. The cottage provides comfortable holiday accommodation for families or couples looking for a rural location close to the coast. The cottage and garden enjoy wonderful far-reaching views across the Marshwood Vale towards the sea. The pretty garden, with a babbling stream running through it, enjoys sun throughout the day. An open fireplace in the lounge also makes this cottage the perfect choice for a cosy out-of-season break. This property will comfortably accommodate up to five guests in three bedrooms, one of which can be made up as a twin or double room to allow for maximum flexibility.
Please note: As the garden features 2 streams young children will need to be supervised when playing outside.
The countryside surrounding the cottage is a haven for walkers with National Trust land at Lambert's Castle, Coney Castle and ancient Charmouth woods very close by. The owners provide lots of information in the cottage about local walks and amenities like horse riding in the immediate area. Those wishing to explore the area by car, will find that this property makes an excellent base from which to tour the whole of the Jurassic coast, running from West Dorset to East Devon. Leightir is surrounded by National Trust farmland and is notable for its atmosphere of peace & tranquillity.
Detached property on one level. Ground floor: Well equipped, fitted kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and washing machine. Lounge/dining room with TV/DVD and open fire. Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with 2'6" twin beds (or can be made into a king-size 5' bed - please request when booking if required). Bedroom 3 with a single bed. Bathroom with bath and shower over bath. Separate W.C.
A cottage garden with patio and furniture, including sun loungers and a barbecue. As the garden features two streams young children will need to be supervised when playing outside.
Off-road parking for two cars on the driveway.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (please bring your own beach towels), WiFi, welcome pack, electric heating and an initial basket of logs for the open fire - additional logs can be purchased locally.
- Pets: Regret no pets.
- Local facilities: Shop: 2 miles. Pub: 2 miles. Beach: 6 miles at Charmouth or Lyme Regis.
- Other: No smoking. Please note that unless you request the king-size bed in the second bedroom when booking, it will be made-up as a twin room. Travel cot not supplied please bring own if required.
- Short Break Information: Short breaks are available at this property, please call 01297 443550 to book or to find out prices.
It was fab. 5 of us from 5-84 had a smashing time.
big big big Excellent
We enjoyed our stay.
Yes lovely quiet location in the countryside not to far to the dorset coast
Fabulous location - very welcoming - first class.