- Property code: LBARLE
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Access statement available
- Central heating
- Designated parking
- Garden or outside space
- Swimming pool
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Nearby shop
- Short breaks available
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
Little Barley is located at the Colmer estate which is a beautiful 18th Century country estate set in 28 acres of private grounds. It consists of 20 apartments in a converted water mill outbuildings and manor house. It includes a fishing lake, woodland meadows, tennis court walled gardens, play area and swimming pools, indoor and outdoor. Centrally situated in the heart of the South Hams, close to many beautiful beaches, rivers and the Salcombe estuary. This is a wonderful holiday destination with fantastic facilities on the doorstep. Whilst there is plenty to occupy busy people at Colmer, there are many places within the extensive grounds of this lovely location for those seeking peace and tranquillity in an idyllic location.
- Outdoor kidney shaped swimming pool (heated June, July and August).
- An excellent indoor heated (all year) swimming pool.
- Newly surfaced all weather tennis court (please bring own equipment).
- Croquet lawn.
- Opportunities to play basketball, football, table-tennis and boules.
- Coarse fishing and picnicking by the private lake. (Fishing tackle and
- Water garden with board walk.
- Magical walled garden with play equipment, a boules pit, picnic tables and a games room with a pool table and darts.
- Fitness gymnasium with a good range of equipment.
- On site payphone.
- Guest membership link with Dartmouth Golf and Country Club (approx. 15 minutes’ drive) with a 25% discount on access to all leisure facilities in addition to the championship standard golf course.
- Visitor information and laundry facilities.
Little Barley Accommodation:
The front door leads into a light open plan living area. Seating area with large L-shaped sofa and armchair, TV/DVD, stereo with iPod connection, free Wi-Fi. A feature stone fireplace inset with electric burner and fold away dining table to seat 4, and gas central heating. Kitchen area with electric hob and built-in oven, dishwasher, large fridge/freezer, microwave. Upstairs to two pretty bedrooms, one double with 4ft 6in bed and fitted wardrobe and a small single room with 3ft bed (also pull out single bed to make a double – please specify if needed at time of booking). Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Shared coin operated laundry room on the Colmer Estate. Travel cot and high chair in the house.
In front of the cottage is an enclosed sunny courtyard with table, chairs, parasol and barbecue. Ample grounds at the Colmer Estate. Shop, pub and garage within walking distance.
One designated parking place in front of cottage and plenty of visitor parking.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (not swimming towels), travel cot, baby booster seat, stair gate, electricity, gas central heating and all onsite facilities.
- Telephone: No telephone. Payphone on site, mobile reception variable. Wi-Fi.
- Beaches 6 miles. Pub (with good bar food and restaurant) and shop 300 metres. Modbury 3 miles. Kingsbridge 6 miles.
We loved the complex with the two pools, tennis, gym and table tennis. The atmosphere was very friendly and we felt very at ease. Toad Hall Cottages served us exceptionally well and we found all your communications most helpful. We would recommend eating at the California Inn - just a 10 minute walk from the cottage and very good food.
Overall stay good as onsite facilities excellent i.e. Pool area , and local area had lots to offer. good weather was helpful as most time spent by pool or in locality
Enjoyed are stay, facilties are great fun! Lovely pub up the road with lovely and friendly staff always with a smile.
Absolutely lovely cottage with everything we needed. Outdoor pool was great.
In a beautiful location with secure wi-fi, use of estate facilities and within easy reach of coast, Dartmoor and major towns. It is a lovely quiet spot where the properties do not overlook one another. Owner left a welcome card and complimentary bottles of wine which was very nice. The cottage had everything we needed for our holiday.
The house is airy and bright and well equipped including wi-fi (so useful to us with the total lack of o2 signal in the area!). Coupled with the peace and quiet of the Colmer Estate and its facilities - indoor and outdoor pools for example - and it makes for an ideal location for a relaxing break within easy reach of moors, beaches, coastal walks.
A comfortable,clean and modern cottage on a beautiful and tranquil estate. It is light and has everything you need for a break away. Ideal if you are looking for a relaxing retreat in the heart of the lovely South Hams, close to wonderful beaches and wild moorland. With the added bonus of an indoor pool, (outdoor pool June-Sept) gym and tennis courts as well as large grounds to walk through and a small lake for a spot of fishing or wildlife spotting, there's plenty to do all seasons and weathers without going out! A shop, petrol station and pub are all on the approach road, within a short stroll. A place to recharge your batteries, relax and listen to the birds!