- Property code: ORCA
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Nearby shop
- Designated parking
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Central heating
- Garden or outside space
- Washing machine
- Ground floor accommodation
- Near Beach
Situated in the pretty hamlet of Rickham, near East Portlemouth and a short walk from the Sunny Cove and Millbay beaches, Orchard Cottage Apartment is a delightful retreat. Beautifully presented it provides comfortable, most attractive and well furnished accommodation and is a peaceful location for couples who enjoy exploring the beautiful coastline and countryside of the South Hams. The passenger ferry to Salcombe, a vibrant seaside town with plenty of inns, restaurants and shops is within a 15 minute walk via East Portlemouth and from there you can catch the River Maid passenger ferry up to the head of the estuary and the market town of Kingsbridge. Start Bay and the Slapton Ley nature reserve are on the way to the historic naval port of Dartmouth and all are linked by the South West Coastal Path that allows visitors to fully appreciate this wonderful part of Devon.
"Wonderful location for setting out on the coastal path, and a fantastic apartment to return to each evening." Mr Jameson.
"Lovely welcome, beautiful location. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Orchard Cottage. Thank you." Lorraine & James.
From the private patio wide doors open into a delightful open plan living room with sofa, feature fireplace, flatscreen TV, DVD and CD/cassette/radio. Well appointed kitchen with double oven and grill, ceramic hob, refrigerator with ice box, washer/dryer and table with seating for three. Large bedroom with large double (which can be made up as two 3ft singles) and an additional 3ft single bed is also available (by prior request). En-suite shower room with spacious shower cubicle, hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Patio with garden furniture and barbecue. Small rear courtyard with sun loungers and raised lawn with garden seating.
Space for one car off road.
- Included: Duvets, pillows, bed linen (guests to provide their own towels), cot, high chair, electricity and oil central heating (controlled from main house).
- Towels: Can be hired from an independent hire company. Please contact Toad Hall Cottages for details.
- Telephone: Not provided. Mobile reception poor. Telephone box in village.
- Local Facilities: Beaches: Gara and Millbay beaches, 10-15 minutes walk along footpath (approximately two thirds of a mile). Other surrounding beaches and passenger ferry to Salcombe accessible by car, or approximately 25 minutes walk. Gara Rock Restaurant 3 miles. Pubs, restaurants, shops, banks and Post Office: In Salcombe. Pub: At East Prawle as well as seasonal shop, 3 miles.Cafe: At East Portlemouth ferry steps.Garage supermarket: In West Charleton, 5 miles.Kingsbridge: With all facilities, 8 miles.
We enjoyed our stay - beautiful scenery
Have used Toad Hall Cottages for many years and have always been extremely happy with both the service provided and the standard of the properties I have rented.
Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to Mrs Johnstone for the amazing hospitality you showed my father whilst he stayed with you. I booked orchard cottage for a week in August for my elderly father to have a relaxing break. I was surprised how cheap the cottage was for peak season.Â I booked online and received my confirmation in a timely manor. I received a call from the owner within 48hrs to confirm how I would like the beds made up andÂ key arrangements.Â We arrived at the cottage early 2pm and were able to go in. The cottage was impeccably clean and tidy there was a bottle of wine and the most delicious ginger cake left for us. Reports back was that the bed was also very comfortable.Â Living in London I think you get used to standard customer service but I was deeply touched by mrs Johnstone's outstanding hospitality. As my dad had no car, she picked them up some shopping and allowed them use of the house phone. If you like rural destinations an enjoy walking I would recommend this cottage over and Â over again.Â Personally I like travelling abroad but due to the amazing hospitality of the owners I will be defiantly booking a break here in the near future. You will not be disappointed.Â