- Property code: ARRAN
- Changeover day: Friday
- 2 or more bathrooms
- Access statement available
- Near beach
- Parking (see description for details)
- Discount for small parties
- Garden or outside space
NEW AND AVAILABLE FOR 2019
Arran is a beautiful period property boasting some truly stunning views over the estuary towards Salcombe and up towards Kingsbridge and South Pool. It is just metres from the beach at East Portlemouth, with its own private access down to the water and Ditch End Beach; the use of a running mooring, and a short walk to the Salcombe to East Portlemouth ferry. This stunning home has four bedrooms, a good sized and well equipped kitchen, a spacious dining room and comfortable lounge and the views from most of the rooms in the property and from the mature garden are spectacular. This fabulous house offers the comfort and enviable location to enjoy a wonderful seaside holiday with family and friends.
East Portlemouth sits opposite the popular town of Salcombe which is easily accessed from this stunning property via the passenger ferry 280 yards away. The village itself has a café and some fabulous sandy beaches along with direct access to the South West Coast Path. A very scenic two mile walk takes you to The Gara Rock Hotel, serving delicious food with some of the best scenery a restaurant could provide, plus a spa and cinema room. The bustling market town of Kingsbridge is a thirty minute drive away, with shops, pubs, eateries and a cinema and in the other direction along the picturesque coastal road is the historic Naval town of Dartmouth, again well serviced with amenities. This popular location along with this fantastic property have all the ingredients for an idyllic holiday come rain or shine.
PLEASE NOTE ARRAN IS ACCESSED UP STEPS FROM THE PARKING THEREFORE MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR THOSE WITH LIMITED MOBILITY.
Entrance hall, Kitchen, electric cooker, ceramic hob, fridge and freezer, dishwasher, nespresso machine, small table with seating for 4, radio. Utility room, hanging space for drying wetsuits etc, sink, washing machine, tumble dryer. WC WC and hand basin. Dining Room table with seating for 8, sitting room TV, DVD, glazed patio doors to admire the view, two, two-seater sofas and an armchair. Stairs to first floor, Shower Room shower cubicle, basin, WC. Bathroom WC, basin, bath with hand held shower. Twin Bedroom two 3’ ft beds with trundle bed and fold out bed underneath. Master bedroom, 5’ king size bed. Bedroom 3 4’6’’ double bed. Bedroom 4, 3’ single bed.
Lovely mature terraced gardens with 2 level lawn areas and planted banks between. BBQ.
Running Mooring dries out for an hour either side of low tide and is suitable for a boat up to 14’ in length.Private beach access. Ditch End Cove is a private, beach, of which Arran is part owner. Private steps to beach are uneven and to be used at own risk. Access at low tide to Ditch End Beach can also be made using the Ditch End footpath, directly opposite drive.
Ample parking for 4 cars.
- Included: Bed linen and towels, (Guests must provide their own beach towels) electricity and heating.
- Pets: One well behaved dog welcome, Pet charge £30 per pet per week.
- Wi-Fi connection.
- Mobile reception good.
- Running Mooring dries out for an hour either side of low tide and is suitable for a boat up to 14’ in length.Private beach access. Ditch End Cove is a private, beach, of which Arran is part owner. Private steps to beach are uneven and to be used at own risk. Access at low tide to Ditch End Beach can also be made using the Ditch End footpath, directly opposite drive
- Local Facilities: Salcombe 1 mile via passenger ferry, (there can be a queue during summer high season). Beach, down steps opposite the driveway. Millbay beach 0.5 mile. Beach cafe and ferry 280 yards. Millbrook Inn gastro pub at South Pool 3 miles. Well known Pig’s Nose Pub, cafe and shop at East Prawle just over 3 miles. Kingsbridge 9 miles. Selection of shops, cafes and restaurants in Salcombe via the ferry or water taxi.
Fantastic holiday and Arran is great. looking forward to our next visit
What an absolutely wonderful treat to stay here!! You have done a wonderful job with the decor and the drive!! I used to stay here with my family for 5/6 years when I was a teenager and it has been lovely to bring our boys here to enjoy!!