- Property code: BLUEG
- Changeover day: Saturday
- 2 or more bathrooms
- Access statement available
- Near beach
- Central heating
- Designated parking
- Discount for small parties
- Garden or outside space
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
This pretty, extremely comfortable stone barn conversion has exposed roof beams and light coloured walls that create a bright and welcoming feel. Bluebell Cottage situated in Buckland Court, originally the model home farm for a private estate, is one of a group of superb, architect designed conversions, symmetrically grouped around two fine courtyards and located in a sheltered valley in the pretty hamlet of Goveton. The cottage is only a short drive from stunning beaches and coastal walks, making it an ideal base to explore the South West.
- This property will accept 2 small/medium dogs over the age of 2 years old;
- There is no WiFi or mobile reception in the cottage. A landline telephone is available for incoming and emergency calls only.
Front door to hallway. Attractive and well-equipped kitchen with dining table to seat 4, double electric oven with gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer. French doors lead out to the rear garden. Double doors into a comfortable sitting room with a mains gas log effect fire, two sofas, chair, TV, video/DVD player and CD/radio. Carpeted stairs from the entrance hall up to the double bedroom with 4ft 6in bed, wall mounted TV, dressing room and en-suite bathroom with basin, WC and bath with handheld shower. Twin room with 3ft zip linked beds which can be made up as 6ft double (not during school summer holidays and must be requested at time of booking), wall mounted TV and built-in wardrobe. Bathroom with bath and shower over, basin and WC.
Please note that for the 6 week summer school holidays, the second bedroom will be made up as twin beds.
The patio area has table and chairs and steps up (which can be slippery when wet) to a small lawn area (not enclosed), which opens out to the pathway that leads to the garage block.
In designated garage with parking for 1 car and further visitor parking area (Dimension of garage 4.2m width. 1.75m height clearance).
Please note: There are no facilities for charging electric cars.
- Included: Bed linen (not towels), central heating (gas) and electricity.
- Pets: Maximum of 2 small/medium dogs (over two years old). Pet Charge: £25.00 per pet per week (£30.00 from Jan 2019)
- Telephone: Landline telephone available for incoming and emergency calls only. Please note there is no WiFi or mobile reception in the cottage.
- Local Facilities: Buckland-Tout-Saints Restaurant 0.5 miles. Kingsbridge with all facilities unclduing shops, pubs, restaurants and supermarkets 2 miles. beach at Slapton Sands 6 miles. Salcombe 7 miles. Totnes 10 miles. Dartmouth 10 miles. Golf 8 miles.
An excellent holiday cottage that will not disappoint
We had a fantastic week. Loved having a wonder around the towns, villages and countryside; Kingsbridge, Dartington Hall grounds, Kingswear, taking the coastal steam train to Paignton and another day at Paignton zoo, Salcombe. Everything was marvelous.
The Goveton complex is very pretty and the cottage was delightful. the nature and flowers were lovely too.
The cottage was exemplary. Warm, cosy, lovely atmosphere. It was very kind of the owner to phone to see if we were OK. We will definitely recommend Bluebell Cottage to our friends. Thank you.
See my note above
We really did enjoy our stay and are hopefully will be booking it for next year.
Yes we had a wonderful time thanks - very comfy and relaxing.
We really enjoyed our stay at bluebell cottage, it was so comfortable and the lay out was perfect for our 10yr Italian spinone. The location was ideal for walking and exploring the local beaches. We will definitely be returning.
Very high standard of furnishings and fitting one could not wish for better
a very nice holiday made even better by an excellent cottage
We really enjoy our breaks in the South Hams and Bluebell Cottage suits our requirements perfectly because it has two good sized bedrooms each with their own bathrooms.