- Property code: MARQUI
- Changeover day: Friday
- Parking (see description for details)
- Garden or outside space
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Real fire
- Short breaks available
New for the 2019 Season. A cosy country cottage
Cosy and relaxing with a traditional feel, the Marquis of Lorne Cottage is set in the fabulous location of Nettlecombe, next door to a renowned family pub with a great reputation for serving quality food. This charming little cottage retains many original features, and benefits from having a woodburner with unlimited logs for guests to use on those colder days of year. Well equipped, with Fibre Optic WiFi. Small cottage garden leading from the kitchen. Its position in the picturesque Dorset village is just a few miles from West Bay and close to Lyme Regis and Bridport. It is perfect for exploring the Jurassic Coast and everything it has to offer nearby.
Please Note: First floor access is via narrow winding stairs. If guests have mobitiy issues we advise phoning the booking office for more information.
Located in the heart of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with the popular destination of West Bay, famous for the TV series Broadchurch, only 5 miles away on the Coast which is also a World Heritage Site. There are other attractions close by to suit all tastes including the Sub Tropical Gardens of Abbotsbury, fishing trips, fossil hunting at Charmouth, horse riding and much more. The Marquis of Lorne offers good Dorset food, within walking distance of the cottage. The Three Horseshoes is just a lovely walk to Powerstock.
Front door leads to Lounge/Diner with two sofas, Woodburner (unlimited logs supplied October to April), dining table/chairs, Flatscreen TV with DVD player. Low Archway to the Kitchen (restricted head height), equippped with electric oven, microwave, fridge with ice box and toaster. On the ground floor is a new Family bathroom with shower over bath, W.C. and washbasin. Narrow windng steep Stairs to Bedroom 1 with 4ft 6inch double bed. Access through this room to Bedroom 2 with twin 3ft beds. Stairgate at top of stairs.
Enclosed patio area with a garden bench, a wooden dining table and chairs and BBQ (guests are kindly asked to clean this after use).
Parking permission in the adjacent pub car park, Marquis of Lorne.
- Included: All bed linen and towels, (please bring your own beach towels), electricity, night storage heaters, Fibre Optic WiFi. Unlimited supply of logs (October to April).
- Telephone: Mobile signal good
- Pets: One well behaved dog, ( second dog by arrangement) welcome in public areas of property only (not bedrooms). Pet Charge: £30.00 per pet per week.
- Local facilities: Two pubs with good reputation for food adjacent the property and another within a short walk. Beach: West Bay 5 miles. Shops: 4 miles.
- Short Break Information: Short breaks are available at this property, please call 01297 443550 to book or to find out prices.
- No Smoking
Lovely cottage, very well equipped. Fantastic views and great pub behind, so great for kids to use park area. Beware of back roads as all farmers tracks.
New Property to Toad Hall Feb 2019 - Guest Book Comment - Another lovely 5 night at the cottage, visted Charmouth & Lyme Regis, lovely walks, Food & hospitality next door second to none. Eggerdon Hill is a great walk, we love it here!