- Property code: CHTREE
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Nearby shop
- Designated parking
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Short Breaks available
- Garden or outside space
- Washing machine
- Ground floor accommodation
- Near Beach
Nestled amongst 3.5 acres of tranquil Devon countryside within the heart of the beautiful Tarka Valley, Cherry Tree Cottage offers a peaceful retreat for couples and small families at any time of the year. Located between the coastal town of Bude and rugged Dartmoor, this small group of cottages boast superb facilities to include a heated indoor swimming pool, sauna, children’s play area and private fishing lake offering plenty of entertainment without getting into the car. The cottage’s elevated position with its enclosed decked terrace has views down to the fishing lake as well as across Devon farmland with Dartmoor vistas beyond making it perfect for al fresco dining. Internally, the cosy cottage is well planned to offer comfortable and welcoming holiday accommodation.
Lakeview Rise offers a great base from which to explore the wider area. North Devon and Cornwall’s stunning coastline and sandy surfing beaches are a short drive away and offer a great day out. Alternatively head towards Dartmoor National Park to enjoy the delights of superb scenery and unsurpassed walking. Right on the doorstep, a section of the well renowned walking and cycling Tarka Trail borders Lakeview Rise and there are plenty of local opportunities for archery, golf and horse riding. After a long days exploring, guests can treat themselves to a hearty evening meal in the village pub.
Front door into open plan living room with comfortable two seater sofa bed (to accommodate one extra guest with prior request), leather armchair, drop leaf circular dining table, CD music centre, TV and DVD player. Well equipped kitchen with ceramic hob, built-in electric oven, microwave, dishwasher and fridge with ice box compartment. Bedroom with 4ft 6 inch double bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers. Modern refurbished shower room with shower, wash basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- Landscaped lawns extend without enclosure amongst the other cottages and slope down to the well-stocked fishing lake (please bring own fishing equipment).
- Heated swimming pool (open all year) 30x15ft.
- His and Hers changing rooms, both with shower and WC.
- Sauna (coin operated).
- Large open mown field alongside the lake with tables and chairs, built-in barbecue and large children’s play area with swings and climbing frame.
- The Tarka Trail runs beside the lake.
- Laundry room on site with two coin operated washing machines and tumble dryer.
Enclosed decked terrace with table, chairs, parasol, bench seat and barbecue.
Designated parking for one car alongside the cottage.
- Included: Bed linen, WiF (can be very slow at times due to the internet covering a large area)i, electricity and heating (wall mounted electric heaters). Please bring your own bath and swimming towels.
- Pets: One medium dog welcome. A second dog may be accepted with enquiry. Pet charge £25.00 per pet per week.
- Telephone: No landline provided although there is an emergency payphone on site. Mobile reception mixed.
- Local Facilities: Village shop and pub, half a mile. Bude with several stunning beaches, 17 miles. Hatherleigh, 4 miles. Okehampton, 11 miles.
Unfortunately there are currently no reviews available for this property. Please check back soon.