- Property code: GATEH
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Access statement available
- Central heating
- Parking (see description for details)
- Garden or outside space
- Swimming pool
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Nearby shop
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
Gatehouse East at the Colmer country estate is an attractive, bright and spacious cottage. It is situated on the east side of the gateway that opens out to the outdoor swimming pool. Comfortably furnished, the cottage enjoys a suntrap garden and is perfect for families wanting to indulge in all that Colmer has to offer.
The beautiful 18th Century country estate is set in 28 acres of private grounds that include woodland, a fishing lake and meadows. Centrally situated in the heart of the South Hams, close to many beautiful beaches, this is a wonderful holiday destination with fantastic facilities on the doorstep. Whilst there is plenty to occupy busy people at Colmer, there are many places within the extensive grounds of this lovely location for those seeking peace and tranquillity in an idyllic location. Pub (with good bar food and restaurant) and shop 300 metres. Beaches 6 miles.
- Outdoor kidney shaped swimming pool (heated June, July and August).
- An excellent indoor heated (all year) swimming pool.
- Newly surfaced all weather tennis court (please bring own equipment).
- Croquet lawn.
- Opportunities to play basketball, football, table-tennis and boules.
- Coarse fishing and picnicking by the private lake. (Fishing tackle and
- Water garden with board walk.
- Magical walled garden with play equipment, a boules pit and picnic
- Fitness gymnasium with a good range of equipment.
- On site payphone.
- Guest membership link with Dartmouth Golf and Country Club
(approx. 15 minutes drive) with a 25% discount on access to all leisure
facilities in addition to the championship standard golf course.
- Visitor information and coin operated laundry facilities.
Front door opens directly into the spacious living room with a comfortable seating area, large sofa, 2 chairs, Smart TV and DVD. The kitchen/dining area overlooks the pool and is very well equipped with fitted units, hob and electric fan oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and freezer. Stairs to landing. Double bedroom with 5ft bed and hanging area. Twin bedroom with 3ft beds and pool views. Bathroom with bath, shower attachment, basin and WC. On site laundry facilities with washing machine and tumble dryer.
The cottage has its own south facing garden area with terrace, a lawn, garden furniture and charcoal barbecue.
One designated parking place and plenty of visitor parking.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (not swimming towels), travel cot, stair gate, high chair all on site facilities, central heating (gas) and electricity.
- Telephone: Wi-Fi, no telephone, payphone on site.
Excellent accommodation. Very happy. Thanks!
we had a great week and the facilities were good and we enjoyed using them. The indoor pool was closed for a couple of days due to some maintenance (not that this caused us any problem) and on these days we struggled to access the gym facilities.
The Colmer Estate is really well equipped and well located for all the beaches in the area (the BP a short walk away is really well stocked too which is very handy). Both swimming pools are great and warm! The tennis court was well used by us too. The cottage is well decorated and well equipped, especially all the kitchen equipment (except the oven glove :-) ) The kitchen cupboards are a bit old and rickety - that's not a complaint, just might be useful to know a something that might be next on the list to replace?... We loved it and had a great week.
We had a superb stay. A few minor issues as noted above but these did not really detract from our enjoyment of the stay
The property was in a good, quiet location. The facilities were excellent, especially the heated pools and the tennis court. Close proximity to good beaches, coastal and country walks. Nearby pub provided good quality food.