- Property code: HAPEN
- Changeover day: Friday
- Nearby shop
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Real fire
- Short Breaks available
- Garden or outside space
- Washing machine
- Near Beach
This delightful and spacious contemporary cottage is located in the sleepy Dorset village of Loders, with its welcoming pub, church and pretty stone built thatched cottages giving the visitor a taste of traditional English village life, now fast disappearing. Recently renovated the cottage is practical and welcoming with a cosy but spacious lounge with woodburner, separate dining area, three bedrooms and a glorious sunny garden with views of the popular walker’s haven of Boarsbarrow Hill and a patio perfect for some al fresco dining. The county of Dorset is renowned for its picturesque villages, soft rolling countryside and Jurassic coastline and there is plenty to entertain the visitor. These include trips to the many beaches along the Heritage Coast, fossil hunting at Charmouth, a day out at the stunning beach at West Bay, visiting the delightful seaside town of Lyme Regis or meandering through the streets in bustling market town of Dorchester. Ha’penny Cottage can also be booked in association with Farthing Cottage next door (subject to availability) thereby allowing for larger parties.
Front door to small hallway and door to comfortable lounge with 2 sofas, an armchair, TV/DVD and woodburner stove. Door to light and airy dining room with table and chairs to seat 6 and views over the garden to Boarsbarrow Hill. Archway to adjoining kitchen with pine units, ceramic hob, built in oven and grill, fridge/freezer, slimline dishwasher, washing machine and microwave. Door to rear patio and garden. Stairs from hallway to landing. Master bedroom with 4ft 6in double bed, chest of drawers and dressing table. Second double bedroom overlooking the garden with 4ft 6in double bed and chest of drawers. Single bedroom with 3ft single bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers. Family shower room with shower cubicle, hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Large south facing garden with patio area having raised flower beds, garden table and benches, Wendy House and gently sloping lawn.
Ample parking on road opposite.
- Included: Bed linen, (not towels, but these can be provided at a charge by arrangement with owner), WiFi, travel cot, high chair, stair gate, baby bath, heating (modern efficient wall mounted convector heaters) and first basket of logs free, further supplies at £5 per basket.
- Telephone: No telephone. Mobile reception in property and village mixed depending upon network
- Security Deposit: £150
- Pets: Up to three well behaved dogs welcome.
- Local Facilities: Shop, P/O and good family butcher, just under a mile in the neighbouring village of Bradpole. Village pub 100 yards. West Bay and Chesil beach 4 miles. Bridport 2 miles, Dorchester 14 miles.
- Please Note: Babies and young children are welcome but please be aware that the landing and stairs are open in places and may not be suitable for toddlers.
The cottage was beautiful, well equipped and the owners were extremely helpful. They had decorated the cottage for our Chrstmas and had left a really lovely welcome pack. Although the kitchen is well equipped the owners had made extra provision for us for Christmas cooking. The heaters and Christmas Tree lights were on when we arrived which made the cottage very welcoming. There were plenty of logs for the fire and we had an idyllic Christmas week. We would love to say there again.
We had a great time in Dorset and enjoyed our stay in Ha'penny Cottage. The welcome pack was very welcome! We also enjoyed watching the wildlife from the dining window.
We had a wonderfully restful, sunshine filled weekend at Ha'penny Cottage. Thanks for the welcome and a lovely cottage - its in a beautiful part of the country that we will endeavor to visit again.