- Property code: JAYS
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Nearby shop
- Designated parking
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Central heating
- Garden or outside space
- Washing machine
Jays Cottage is part of Colmer, a beautiful 18th Century country estate set in 28 acres of private grounds that include a fishing lake, woodland and meadows. Centrally situated in the heart of the South Hams, close to many beautiful beaches, this is a wonderful holiday destination with fantastic facilities on the doorstep. Whilst there is plenty to occupy more active people at Colmer, there are many places within the extensive grounds of this lovely location for those seeking peace and tranquillity in an idyllic location. Popular pub (with good bar food and restaurant) and shop 300 metres. Beaches 6 miles.
- Outdoor kidney shaped swimming pool (heated June, July and August).
- An excellent indoor heated (all year) swimming pool.
- Newly surfaced all weather tennis court (please bring own equipment).
- Croquet lawn.
- Opportunities to play basketball, football, table-tennis and boules.
- Coarse fishing and picnicking by the private lake. (Fishing tackle and
- Water garden with board walk.
- Magical walled garden with play equipment, a boules pit, picnic tables and a games room with a pool table and darts.
- Fitness gymnasium with a good range of equipment.
- On site payphone.
- Guest membership link with Dartmouth Golf and Country Club (approx. 15 minutes drive) with a 25% discount on access to all leisure facilities in addition to the championship standard golf course.
- Visitor information and coin operated laundry facilities.
Jays Cottage Accommodation:
The front door leads into a really delightful living room with lots of personal touches, comfortable sofa and chairs, digital TV/DVD and video, feature stone fireplace inset with electric burner and dining table to seat 4. The open plan kitchen area is well fitted and equipped with electric hob and built-in oven, microwave, fridge with ice compartment and washer/dryer. Upstairs to two pretty bedrooms, one double with 4ft 6in bed and fitted wardrobe and a small twin room with 2ft 6in pine beds. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC.
In front of the cottage, and tucked in a secluded corner is an enclosed sunny courtyard with table, chairs, parasol and barbecue, ideal for al fresco meals.
One designated parking place and plenty of visitor parking.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (not swimming towels), travel cot, high chair, electricity, central heating (gas) and all onsite facilities.
- Telephone: No telephone. Payphone onsite, mobile reception variable.
We had a wonderful stay at jays cottage. The estate is stunning and there was plenty to keep the whole family entertained. The cottage was cosy and had everything you could need to enjoy your stay. Thoroughly recommended.
We had a lovely time at Jays Cottage. If anything the photos on the website didn't do justice to this little gem! The cottage was very charming, with lovely touches, making it feel like a home from home straight away. The pools were fantastic, and well used by me and my two children. The grounds were beautiful and we had a peaceful stay, but were never at a loss for things to do in the grounds or fairly locally. Nearby Bigbury beach was a great place for children. We would thoroughly recommend a stay here.