- Property code: PORTLO
- Changeover day: Friday
- Access statement available
- Near beach
- Central heating
- Parking (see description for details)
- Garden or outside space
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Real fire
- Nearby shop
- Short breaks available
Sitting on Hannafore Point, Port Looe is a gorgeous whitewashed stone built detached cottage with amazing sea, estuary or harbour views from every room, including the kitchen and bathroom.
Once belonging to King Edward VIII as part of the Duchy, Port Looe cottage is at the end of a no through lane. This tranquil place is an ideal location to relax and enjoy the views from the cottage, garden or conservatory; even the private parking space right next to the cottage has sea and harbour views.
This peaceful location is a short stroll to West Looe where you will find the oldest pub in town, The Jolly Sailor. If you are after fine dining, The Sardine Factory Restaurant is nearby on the quayside.
Hop on the little ferry (50p) or walk along the quay and over the ancient Looe bridge to the hustle and bustle of East Looe with it’s abundance of cafes, pubs, boutiques and restaurants and you will only be a short distance through the medieval back streets to the beautiful sandy family beach.
If rock pools are your thing, turn right out of the cottage and you’re on Hannafore beach within a few moments, equally you’re on the coast path and a few steps away from the beautiful AONB between Looe, Talland Bay and Polperro.
This recently refurbished cosy cottage is tastefully appointed and has gas central heating with a power shower running directly from the combi boiler. It is conveniently located for nearby attractions such as The Eden Project, The Lost Gardens of Heligan and Jamaica Inn. It is also an ideal location from which to explore the filming locations for Doc Martin, Rosamunde Pilcher and Poldark.
You can enjoy Port Looe cottage for a holiday or short break at any time of the year.
Living room; a generous open plan sitting room/dining room with two sofas, open fire. Freeview HD smart TV with catch up channels. Door from sitting area leading to little conservatory and access to garden. At the other end of this room, a dining table and chairs and a second open fire. Bluetooth speaker for smartphone etc. Kitchen: with electric hob with oven under. Fridge freezer, microwave, kettle and toaster. First floor family bathroom: with bath and shower over, wash hand basin and WC. Master bedroom: with 4ft 6in double bed, bedside drawers. Twin bedroom: with two 3ft single beds. Dressing room: with large inbuilt wardrobe, and dressing table, (external door leading to flight of external stairs).
There is a pleasant established tiered garden with a small terrace with a table and chairs.
Please Note: Children must be supervised in the garden due to steps and terrace.
Off road parking space for one car, right beside the property..
- Included: Bed linen, towels (no beach towels so guests are asked to bring their own please), electricity and central heating (gas).
- Telephone: No telephone provided. Mobile reception mixed. WiFi
- Local Facilities: Looe main Beach 10 minutes by foot, or less if taking the foot ferry across the harbour. Plaidy beach 35 minutes by foot, or Hannafore rockpooling beach 6 minutes . Other south coast beaches are easily accessible by car. Hannafore Point Hotel 4 minutes walk away, offers a swimming pool and a Spa area at their daily price.
- Shops, pubs and restaurants all in Looe. Polperro 4 miles. Plymouth 21 miles. Truro 29 miles.
- Please Note: Children must always be supervised .
- This property takes short breaks at certain times of the year, please phone the Cornwall office for further details on 01503 272303
Lovely cottage with fantastic views
A lovely cosy and well equipped cottage with excellent views