- Property code: STABAR
- Changeover day: Friday
- Access statement available
- Near beach
- Designated parking
- Garden or outside space
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Nearby shop
- Short breaks available
- Washing machine
Stable Barn Cottage is a beautifully presented private wing attached to the owners own property yet entirely separate with its own parking. The cottage is a charming retreat, perfect for single people and couples to escape and unwind and situated in the village of East Prawle, the southernmost point of Devon. The cottage provides a fantastic base from which to explore the South West Coast Path, and the picturesque South Hams before coming back to a relaxing drink in the local pub, The Pigs Nose, or cosying up at the cottage in front of the log burner.
East Prawle is a traditional Devon village with a quirky local pub which also has a popular live music venue attached, plus a shop and café, all nestled around the village green. The village itself sits in a clifftop location perfect for exploring the South West Coast Path, historic Dartmouth, 40 minutes away and the bustling market town of Kingsbridge is 30 minutes away. The popular sailing town of Salcombe can be accessed from the foot ferry at East Portlemouth, 3 miles away, with shops, cafes and restaurants. A host of beaches, and local villages are all waiting to be explored.
Front door leads into living room with small 2 seater sofa, tub chair, log burner, TV and DVD player. Door leads into kitchen, dining table and seating for 2, fridge with ice box, microwave, double electric oven. Stairs (wooden open tread) down from living area into bedroom, 5ft bed, door into wetroom, shower, WC and hand basin.
Bistro table and seating for 2, bench, in courtyard garden.
Outside garden gate for one car on driveway.
- Included: Bed linen and towels (Guests to bring own beach towels), electricity, heating, complimentary basket of logs in the winter.
- No Telephone. Mobile reception poor.
- Dogs: 1 well behaved dog welcome. Pet charge £25.00 per week. (£30.00 from Jan 2019)
- Local Facilities: Beaches Millbay and East Portlemouth (sandy), Moor Sand, Horsely Cove, Prawle Point and Elender Cove (shingle) within 3 miles. Pigs Nose pub and Piglet café and shop (open March to end of October) next door. Farm shop at Stokenham 4 miles. Garage with good shop and leisure store East Charleton 5 miles. Kingsbridge with all facilities 9 miles. Dartmouth 15 miles.
Very helpful hosts.
We did enjoy our stay. The cottage was in an excellent location and extremely well equipped.
Yes very relaxing place with helpful owners.
Very comfortable cottage with a lovely courtyard garden with pond. Cottage owner very helpful and friendly.
Fabulous in every way ????
Peaceful and ideal location for walking. The owner was attentive and keen to ensure we had a comfortable stay.
The property was great, we loved having the fire on and getting cosy while it was cold. And it's proximity to the coast path was brilliant for exploring. Plus the evening spent at the Pigs Nose pub was fun!