- Property code: THERET
- Changeover day: Friday
- Nearby shop
- Designated parking
- Discount for small parties
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Short Breaks available
- Garden or outside space
- Washing machine
The Retreat, is perfectly positioned to explore the beautiful South Hams, Dartmoor and further afield. Nestled within the village of Harbertonford, this 200 year old stone-built cottage offers comfortable accommodation for families and couples all year round.
The village boasts a thriving shop and a pub within walking distance, and provides easy access to many characterful and interesting towns including Totnes, Dartmouth and Kingsbridge. The bohemian and eclectic mix of shops, restaurants and cafes in Totnes provide an interesting day out, or Totnes weekly market sees fresh local produce and artisan crafts in the market square. The yachting ports of Salcombe and Dartmouth are just a short drive and offer plenty of history and sightseeing. Alternatively the stunning beaches of the South Hams provide entertainment for the whole family, through the sunny summer or bracing winter months.
Please Note: For larger groups (up to 11 people) you can book this property along with The Hideaway which is located next door (availability permitting).
Please Note: This property is better suited to 4 adults and 2 children, rather than 6 adults.
Ground floor entrance to kitchen diner with electric fan oven/grill/hob, fridge with ice box, washing machine and microwave. Table to seat 6. Hall area with wall hooks. Sitting room with large sofa and armchair, TV, DVD and Amazon ‘Fire’. Stairs up to 1st floor: Bedroom 1 with double bed (4ft 6in). Bedroom 2 with 3ft bunk beds. Bedroom 3 with 2ft 6in single bed and 2 ft 6in truckle bed. Bathroom with bath and shower over, basin and WC.
A small courtyard with garden table and chairs.
One allocated parking space at the rear of the property.
- Included: Bed linen and towels (Please provide your own beach towels). Night storage heaters, electricity, travel cot and high chair.
- Pets: One Small-Medium well behaved dog permitted. Pet charge £25.00 per week.
- Telephone: No telephone in the property. Mobile reception good. Wi-Fi.
- Local Facilities: Beaches at Blackpool Sands, 10 miles; Slapton Sands, 12 miles; Broadsands, 12 miles; Bantham, 12 miles; Bigbury-on-Sea, 15 miles; Thurlestone, 13 miles. Village shop and pub, 500 metres. Pub at Harberton 1 mile. Several other village pubs within 3 mile radius. A wider selection of amenities in Totnes, 3 miles; Dartmouth, 10 miles; Salcombe 16 miles. Dartmouth Golf & Country Club with spa, 5 miles. Woodlands Children’s Park, 5 miles. South Devon Coast path walking and Dartmoor.
Had a great week's holiday for 2 people and dog. Great location and lovely village. House super - just courtyard that let it down. Love Totnes and Dartmouth and Dartmoor. Super dog friendly beaches nearby.
Great location Road being closed for 4 days was a nuisance but outside your control