- Property code: DHVIEW
- Changeover day: Friday
- Nearby shop
- Designated parking
- 2 or more bathrooms
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Short Breaks available
- Central heating
- Garden or outside space
- Washing machine
- Ground floor accommodation
- Near Beach
This newly converted former farm building is within view of Dartmoor National Park’s most famed beauty spot and well loved ancient tor, Haytor Rock, and now provides three fantastic holiday properties. They have been sympathetically converted and beautifully styled and furnished with a blend of warming moorland colours and cosy soft-furnishings which are complemented with modern luxury amenities.
Haytor View, the end barn will delight both families and couples alike. As the name suggests, it boasts unrivalled views of Haytor Rock from several of its rooms. The light and airy stylish dining kitchen leads down into a comfortable lounge area with French doors opening out onto a patio and garden with views over the meadow in front.
Rural, yet not isolated, the peaceful location will dazzle the senses for those seeking outdoor pursuits as well as those wanting a restful holiday at any time of year. Each of the properties boasts stunning views across open wild sweeping moorland as well as across rolling Devon countryside towards the sparkle of the South Devon coastline. Dartmoor ponies are likely to nuzzle at the property’s gate. Whether on foot or on bike, there are endless routes straight from the front doors, and the many mysterious Dartmoor tales will captivate the imaginations of all ages. The historic quarries at Haytor are just a short walk away, from where you can follow the Haytor Granite Tramway, tracing the route to the coast used when granite was exported during the late 18th Century. For cyclists, Haytor is a regular Tour of Britain stage. For more restful pursuits there is a fabulous cafe bar offering delicious local goodies, a wonderful Dartmoor Inn and restaurant, and a National Park Visitor Centre that will equip guests with plentiful local information within a short stroll of the barns. Just slightly further afield, within a mile or so, there is a well stocked farm shop as well as a selection of picturesque village inns and tearooms; and just beyond that a wider selection of amenities are found within Bovey Tracey. Beyond Dartmoor, the shops, theatres, and cinemas of Exeter are not far away. Day trips to beaches in Teignmouth or South Hams offer a great alternative for a fun day-out.
The front door opens into a stylish open plan dining kitchen – a great social space! A contemporary glass topped table comfortably accommodates six. The modern kitchen is fully equipped with a selection of appliances to include an induction hob, built-in oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer and washing machine. Three steps lead down into the living areawhich is furnished with a comfortable corner sofa, tub chair and bean bag as well as a TV and DVD. French doors open onto the garden patio. To the other side of the front door, ground floor bedroom 1 boasts a 5ft king bed, views towards Haytor and an en suite shower room with large shower enclosure, washbasin and WC. To the first floor, a spacious landing is furnished with a table and chairs from which enjoy a quiet relaxation space and a view towards Haytor Rock. Bedroom 2 overlooks the garden and is furnished with a 5ft king size bed and TV. Spacious bedroom 3 has twin 3ft single beds and has views of open moorland. All bedrooms are equipped with a chest of drawers and open hanging rails. A modern family bathroom has a bath with shower over, wash basin and WC.
Grassed garden with paved patio and wooden picnic bench.
On site parking with designated space for one car per property. A secondary space for Haytor View may be available with prior arrangement.
- Included: Bed linen, Wifi, electricity and central heating. High chair, travel cot and stair gate by arrangement – please arrange at time of booking. Towels are available to hire - please enquire at the time of booking.
- Telephone: Landline telephone for incoming and emergency outgoing calls. Mobile reception fair/good depending upon network.
- Pets: One well behaved small to medium sized dog welcome. Pet charge £25.00 per week.
- Local Facilities: Cafe bar 500 yards. Inn & Restaurant 500 yards. Dartmoor National Park Visitors Centre 600 yards. Superb farm shop 1 mile. Small health club with indoor swimming pool 2 miles, tennis courts 2 miles, outdoor pool (seasonal) in Bovey Tracey, 3 miles. Several local village pubs, tea rooms and shops within 3 miles, with a wider selection and supermarket in Bovey Tracey, 3 miles. Riding stables in Widecombe-in-the-Moor, 3 miles. Golf Courses, 4 miles. Minature Pony Centre, 7 miles; Pennywell Farm, 10 miles. Nearest beaches at Teignmouth and Shaldon 15 miles. Exeter 18 miles.
- Please note: This property accommodates 6 across 3 bedrooms but due to the size of the lounge area, the property is better suited to a maximum of 5 adults.
Haytor view was a beautiful location and great for cycling from.even though it was by the road it was still very quiet and peaceful.And what a fantastic view!!!!
What a great place! The moors and the seaside combined with a beautiful place to stay. We are honoured to be one of the first visitors to Haytor Barns and hope to come again in the future.