- Property code: LEATH
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Designated parking
- 2 or more bathrooms
- Real fire
- Short Breaks available
- Central heating
- Garden or outside space
- Washing machine
- Ground floor accommodation
Leat House, a high quality barn conversion, is set in stunning countryside only a short drive from the magnificent Jurassic coast that fringes the picturesque Dorset area. This is one of three holiday properties recently refurbished by the owners of this working dairy farm just a few miles from the village of Colyton near the Dorset/Devon border and only about 20 minutes drive from Lyme Regis. The property looks out over miles of rolling countryside and has been lovingly refurbished to provide spacious and stylish holiday accommodation in a truly idyllic rural setting. A king size bedroom with en-suite shower room and a second twin bedroom (this room can also be made up as a super kingsize double) with an en suite bathroom - both enjoy beautiful, panoramic views across the valley. The open-plan living area includes French windows that lead onto a south-facing terrace with the same wonderful views. A large open garden area (enclosed by a fence to prevent children and dogs from wandering unsupervised) also includes access to a tarmac tennis court. Use of a games barn across the courtyard includes table tennis, table football and a full size snooker table. A cosy wood burner and environmentally-friendly under floor heating make this a great choice for out-of-season breaks too. This property has recently received a prestigious VisitEngland 4 Star Gold Award for quality of accommodation and customer service.
The farm is surrounded by lush countryside and overlooks a peaceful rural valley and there is access to a tennis court and a games barn (including table tennis and a full size snooker table) that is shared with the two other holiday properties on the farm site. For those wanting to experience a working farm at first hand the owners are happy to arrange a visit to the milking parlour. The surrounding countryside is perfect for walking and the beautiful coast, famous for its fossil beaches is just 5 miles away. See properties APPLEL and WHEELH also in this location. These properties can be booked together to provide up to 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms for groups of up to 14. Property WHEELH provides dining space for a group of up to 14 to sit down together.
Semi-detached cottage on one floor (with a few shallow internal steps): Open-plan living area including lounge with 32" TV, DVD player and wood burner, dining area, fitted kitchen with electric oven & hob, fridge with icebox, microwave, dishwasher, and washer/dryer. A few shallow steps down to Bedroom 1 with 5ft king size double bed and en suite shower roomwith W.C. Bedroom 2 with 3ft twin beds (can be as a super king size double, please request when booking if required) and en suite bathroom with shower over bath and W.C.
Private terrace area with furniture. Large open plan gardens with lawn, fenced to separate it from the farm. Use of a tarmac tennis court. Use of games barn with table tennis, table football, skittle alley and full size snooker table.
Allocated off-road parking for two/three cars.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (please bring own beach towels), WiFi, underfloor central heating and first basket of logs for wood burner. Additional logs available at cost from the owner. Cot and highchair available on request at time of booking. Bedroom 2 will be made up as a twin unless a double bed is requested when booking.
- Pets: Two small or one medium/large well behaved dog/s welcome (Pet charge £25.00 per pet per week) . Please note that as this is a working farm dogs must be kept under control at all times.
- May be suitable for those with walking disabilities. Please discuss property's suitability prior to booking.
- No smoking.
- Local facilities: Shops and pubs in Colyton 3 miles or Honiton 4 miles. Beaches: Branscombe and Beer 5 miles, Sidmouth 10 miles or Lyme Regis 10 miles.
- Short Break Information: Short breaks are available at this property, please call 01297 443550 to book or to find out prices.
The Equipment, furnishings and cleanliness where all of a very high standard, and the owners extremely helpful & friendly Ideal cottage for a relaxing break
Excellent accommodation and definitely hope to go back.