- Property code: PEEK
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Nearby shop
- Designated parking
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Short Breaks available
- Ground floor accommodation
- Near Beach
The cottage is situated in Lakeview Rise, a small group of cottages set in three and a half acres of peaceful Devon countryside that slope down to a picturesque fishing lake. The grounds offer panoramic views across unspoilt woodland and farmland towards Dartmoor and border a section of the famous Tarka Trail. With a shared indoor heated swimming pool and sauna, the tranquillity of the location, its proximity to Bude and the fabulous beaches and cliffs of the Heritage coastline in this part of Devon and Cornwall, you can understand why this is an ideal holiday destination at any time of year. Tucked away in a quiet sunny corner, this cosy retreat provides all the comforts of home and has a private decked area on which to enjoy a relaxing drink or some al fresco dining. The local village with its pubs and shop is a 10 minute walk along the Tarka trail and the beautiful Dartmoor National Park is only 20 minutes drive away.
Open plan living room with sofa, leather chair, dining table to seat two, Freeview TV and DVD. Kitchen area with ceramic hob, electric built-in oven, dishwasher, fridge (no ice box) and microwave. Charming bedroom with 4ft 6in double bed. Bathroom with three quarter length bath, shower over, hand basin and WC.
- Landscaped lawns extend without enclosure amongst the other cottages and slope down to the well-stocked fishing lake (please bring own fishing equipment).
- Heated swimming pool (open all year) 30x15ft.
- His and Hers changing rooms, both with shower and WC.
- Large open mown field alongside the lake with tables and chairs, built-in barbecue and large children’s play area with swings and climbing frame.
- The Tarka Trail runs beside the lake.
- Laundry room on site with two coin operated washing machines and tumble dryer.
Decked area enclosed with a timber fence with table and two chairs.
Alongside the cottage for one car.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (guest must provide their own swimming towels), WiFi (can be very slow at times due to the internet covering a large area), electricity and heating (electric convector heaters).
- Pets: One small dog only. Pet charge £25.00 per week.
- Telephone: No telephone provided, payphone on site. Mobile reception mixed.
- May be suitable for those with walking disabilities. Please discuss property's suitability prior to booking.
- Local Facilities: Bude beaches, 16 miles. Shop and pub, half a mile. Hatherleigh 4 miles. Okehampton 11 miles.
Great rural location with excellent on site admenities.enjoyed the peace and quiet .central location for days out.My dog enjoyed exploring and the long walks.
very pleasant place well equiped & very well cared for.
enjoyed our stay very much having been well and thoughtfully catered for.