- Property code: PEEK
- Changeover day: Friday
- Access statement available
- Parking (see description for details)
- Fishing available
- Ground floor accommodation
- Garden or outside space
- Swimming pool
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Short breaks available
Peek A Boo is situated in Lakeview Rise, a small group of cottages set in three and a half acres of peaceful Devon countryside that slope down to a picturesque fishing lake. Tucked away in a quiet sunny corner, this cosy retreat enjoys an open plan living space, one double bedroom and a bathroom and also has the benefit of a private decked area perfect for alfresco dining. The surrounding communal grounds offer panoramic views across unspoilt woodland and farmland towards Dartmoor and border a section of the Ruby Way walk. The local village pub is just a 10 minute stroll away and the beautiful Dartmoor National Park is only 20 minutes drive away.
With the benefit of a shared indoor heated swimming pool, and the cottage's proximity to Bude and the fabulous beaches and cliffs of the Heritage coastline in this part of Devon and Cornwall, you can understand why this is an ideal holiday destination at any time of year.
Open plan living room with sofa, leather chair, dining table to seat two, Freeview TV and DVD. Kitchen area with ceramic hob, electric built-in oven, dishwasher, fridge with ice box and microwave. Charming bedroom with 4ft 6 double bed. Bathroom with WC, hand basin and three quarter length bath with electric shower over.
- Landscaped lawns extend without enclosure amongst the other cottages and slope down to the well-stocked fishing lake (please bring own fishing equipment).
- Heated swimming pool (open all year) 30x15ft with 'His' and 'Hers' changing rooms, both with shower and WC.
- Large open mown field alongside the lake with tables and chairs, built-in barbecue and large children’s play area with swings and climbing frame.
- The Ruby Way walk runs beside the lake.
- Laundry room on site with two coin operated washing machines and tumble dryer.
Decked area enclosed with a timber fence with table and two chairs.
Alongside the cottage for one car.
- Included: Bed linen and towels (guest must provide their own swimming pool/dog towels). Electricity, water and heating (electric convector heaters).
- Pets: One small dog welcome. Pet charge £30.00 per week.
- WiFi: Available free of charge - (please note the WiFi can be very slow at times due to the internet covering a large area).
- Telephone: No landline telephone provided however there is payphone available on site. Mobile reception mixed.
- May be suitable for those with walking disabilities. Please discuss property's suitability prior to booking.
- Local Facilities:
Village Pub (open in the evening only) - half a mile.
Nearest Shop in Sheepwash - 2 miles
Hatherleigh - 4 miles.
Okehampton - 11 miles.
Bude beaches - 16 miles.
The cleanliness inside the cottage was very good apart from the Velux window as mentioned above. It’s a shame that the standard and/or condition of some of the other cottages on the site was poor but we were fine and I met lots of lovely local people when out walking my little dog in the mornings. Very friendly locals and lovely location.
This cottage was the best I have ever stayed in. I left this message in the visitor's book too. Everything was superb, the quality of the furnishings, equipment was high spec. and the bed was so comfortable. Definitely the best week ever. Even the weather played ball.
We had a great week in the peekaboo cottage and would recommend it to friends lovely and peaceful. Thanks for a fab holiday.
Very nice stay, close links to the tarka Trail etc and a good central location for both north and south Devon
Very happy with how it was very quiet and everyone had a great time even the dogs.fishing on site very good.
Nice quiet site with plenty of wildlife. Nice cottage.
We enjoyed our stay , very quiet location . Probably more for fisherman , than family's as a distance from coast .
Nice and clean property there was all the cleaning gear there for you to use wifi not good but you are on holiday who needs wifi it was well kept nice swimming pool and fishing lake
Great rural location with excellent on site admenities.enjoyed the peace and quiet .central location for days out.My dog enjoyed exploring and the long walks.
very pleasant place well equiped & very well cared for.
enjoyed our stay very much having been well and thoughtfully catered for.